Walt Disney Travel Company Discover the magic at Walt Disney World with Walt Disney Travel Company (International)

Frequently Asked Questions

How can we help you?

Please select a category to view answers to frequently asked questions.

Fariy Godmothers

What passport and visa requirements are there for entry into the US?

We strongly advise that you check the latest visa and passport requirements prior to booking your holiday to Walt Disney World.

Read More

What do guests under the age of 18 need for entry into the US?

You must ensure that all travellers in your party under the age of 18 have the correct paperwork for arrival into the USA. For information on the entry requirements for minors, please visit the below link.

Read More

What is the Visa Waiver Program?

For information on the Visa Waiver programme, please visit the link below.

Read More

How do I know if I’m eligible for the Visa Waiver programme?

Under certain circumstances, you might not qualify for entry to the USA under the Visa Waiver Programme and will need to apply for a visa from the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.

What is ESTA?

The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an automated system that determines the eligibility of visitors to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

Read More

Why might I need a visa?

There are various reasons why a traveler will need a visa.

API Information
Advance Passenger Information (API) is information about passengers required by the US government prior to travel. It was originally introduced by the US authorities to speed up immigration procedures.

We strongly advise you supply API before you arrive at the airport - you will receive details on how to do this with your documentation, 14 days before departure. This will minimise disruption at the airport check in area. Guests should be able to complete API on their airline's website prior to departure.

The required information consists of:

• Full name (last name, first name, middle names if applicable)
• Gender
• Date of Birth
• Nationality
• Country of residence
• Travel document type (normally passport)
• Travel document number (expiry date and country of issue for passport)
• Address of the first night spent in the U.S (Not required for U.S. nationals, Legal Permanent Residents, or Alien Residents of the U.S. entering the U.S.)

I have just got married and my passport is still in my maiden name - is this ok?

You can still travel to the United States on a passport showing your maiden name, as long as your name on both your ticket and passport match exactly. The USA will NOT ACCEPT a marriage certificate with your passport in your maiden name whilst your ticket shows your married name.

What is an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) and do I need one?

eTA is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to or transiting through Canada by air. It allows Canada to screen travellers before they arrive. EU citizens transiting through Canada need to obtain an eTA.